Terms & Conditions
BRISBANE COLLEGE OF AUSTRALIA TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF ENROLMENT
All Students must read this document carefully before signing the student agreement
- The enrolment fee is not refundable under any circumstances.
- All requests for cancellations, transfers and refunds must be made in writing using and require the presentation of relevant supporting documentation.
- Upon approval the application will be refunded in accordance with the ESOS regulations.
- No refunds will be given to students who are expelled for unacceptable behaviour or non-compliance with visa conditions.
- If, after the full payment of fees a student withdraws an application, or the student visa is refused, the following will apply:
A cancellation fee of the lesser of $500 or 5% of the total tuition fees received will be deducted from the refund.
5.1 If written notice is received by BC more than 28 days before the commencement of the course a cancellation fee of 30% will be deducted from the fees received.
5.2 If written notice is received by BC less than 28 days before commencement, no refund will be made.
5.3 No refund will be made for that portion of the tuition fee that is payable as counselling fees to the students appointed agent.
5.4 If the student has commenced the course and wishes to withdraw from study, tuition fees already paid will not be refunded.
- If the student has completed a course before the allocated finish date, no refund for the remaining time will be issued and remainder of tuition fees must be paid before receiving the certificate of the qualification.
- If the visa is refused by the Australian Authority an administration fee will be deducted and a refund of the tuition fee will be given.
- If the course has not commenced and BC cannot deliver the course, BC will refund your full tuition fee (including your enrolment fee).
- If the course has commenced and BC can no longer deliver the course, BC will give a full refund of the tuition fees for all course money paid.
- Refunds are payable only to the person or organisation who entered into the agreement with the College. Refunds will not be made to third parties.
- All bank charges incurred by Brisbane College are to be met by the student.
- The registered provider’s dispute resolution processes do not circumscribe the student’s right to pursue other legal remedies.
- This agreement does not remove the right to take action under Australia’s Consumer Protection Laws.
- BC may provide student information, including enrolment details, visa-related information, academic performance and attendance records, to Australian Commonwealth and State agencies and to the managers of the ESOS Assurance Fund.
In the case of a student returning home any refund will only be made after the student ID card is returned and immigration notified.
GUARANTEE OF TRAINING/ASSESSMENT
Once a student has successfully enrolled and paid for an entire course, BC is under obligation to deliver the training and assessment for that entire course. In the event that BC is unable to deliver the training and assessment for that course, a refund will be given in accordance with BC's refund policy.
Students studying courses in Australia on a student visa are required by law to attend 80% of all classes. It is mandatory to attend 20 hours of lessons per week. BC is under obligation to report to the Department of Immigration and Citizenship if this requirement is not met.
Transfer to another educational institution
1. Under Student Visa Regulations it is not possible to transfer to another education institution for the duration of any preliminary course and/or the first six months of the principal course, except where:
1.1 The college has ceased to be registered or the course in which the student is enrolled has ceased to be registered.
1.2 A written letter of release has been provided by the College.
1.3 A sanction has been imposed on the College’s registration by the Queensland or Australian Government that prevents the student from continuing the principal course.
1.4 Any government sponsor of the student considers the change to be in the student’s best interest and has provided written support for that change.
2. Requests for transfer must be made to the Administration Office in writing and be accompanied by a letter of offer from the receiving institution. Evidence of exceptional and/or extenuating circumstances is also required.
3. If approved, any money transferred will be in accordance with BC’s Refund Policy.
Transfer to another course at BC
- All applications to transfer to another course at BC should be made on the ‘Request for Internal Transfer’ form available at the Administration Office in consultation with the relevant teaching departments.
- Where a transfer is granted students must pay an administration fee of AU$100 plus any additional tuition fees applicable to the new course before starting the new course.
ACCOMODATION AND AIRPORT TRANSFER FEE REFUND POLICY
- If the student’s application for enrolment or visa is denied, a full refund is given.
- Except for in the above instance, the Accommodation Placement and Airport transfer fees are non- refundable.
- If at least 28 days notice is given for cancellation of accommodation, a full refund will be given. If less than 28 days notice is given, a cancellation equal to 2 weeks rent is incurred. After accommodation has commenced, 2 weeks notice must be given, otherwise the above cancellation charge is incurred.
- If the College is not notified of any change in flight details at least 48 hours before arrival, another Airport transfer fee may be incurred.
Placement Fees: $100
(includes all meals throughout your stay)